There are currently no open positions at the Akanksha Education Fund. Please check back for any future opportunities.
Regional Development Officer, West Coast/Midwest Region
Akanksha Education Fund is seeking an individual passionate about education for the underserved, interested in international development, has demonstrated fundraising or business development experience at a non profit or corporation and is a self-starter with an entrepreneurial drive.
We are recruiting a Regional Development Officer to build and steward a donor base of individuals, corporations and foundations in the West/MidWest US to become passionate supporters of Akanksha’s mission.
The position will report to the Executive Director and will also work closely with our Board, staff, volunteers and young professionals. The role will be remote however preference for location in the West/Midwest US. Work may involve regional travel with occasional evening schedules for events, India calls or meetings based on need.
Identify prospective new institutional or individual donors to establish Akanksha’s presence in new geographies.
Cultivate and take ownership of a portfolio of donors (corporates, individuals, foundations) with the aim to establish long-term relationships and encourage multi-year grantmaking.
Collaborate with colleagues to design and implement stewardship and retention strategies for donors as well as maintaining proper data management and administration.
Plan and execute various cultivation and fundraising events with individuals or corporations in conjunction with colleagues, Board and volunteers.
Manage or collaborate on fundraising campaigns at global, national or local level.
Represent AEF in local philanthropic circles, including Corporate and Foundation focused events.
Manage our Young Professional Network and help them strategize their growth and engagement plans.
Manage assigned Board Committees and quarterly reporting to Board on updates.
Actively interact with The Akanksha Foundation team in India to maintain a deep understanding of our work and collaborate on grant making, programs and fundraising activities.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Minimum of 5 years experience in non-profit development, business development, relationship management or fundraising required.
- Bachelors’ degree required at a minimum, with knowledge and experience in a related area such as Business, Education, Non Profit management, Marketing and Communications, Fundraising.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and relationship management experience.
- Avid networker, preferably with an established social and professional network.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Bloomerang/donor management databases preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google applications required.
- Motivated self-starter who can think critically and solve challenges creatively.
- Ability to work effectively in a results-oriented team environment and meet established deadlines.
- Strong team player with deep desire to succeed in a collaborative setting working with colleagues in US and India
- Able to work with minimal supervision as well as part of a team.
- Comfortable with working in ambiguous or fluid settings due to a fast paced and ever changing environment, efficient multi-tasker and ability to prioritize urgent projects or tasks as needed.
- A “roll up your sleeves” approach and willingness to take on additional responsibilities as required.
The position will require a minimum of 25-30 hours a week and part time or full time opportunity can be determined with final candidates. Compensation package will be commensurate with skill level.
How to Apply
Email a cover letter describing your qualifications and relevant experience, a resume and salary requirements to email@example.com
Akanksha Education Fund is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds with a passion for international development and education to apply for positions within our organization.